- About IE&M
- Prospective Students
- Student Organizations
- Course Catalog
- Class Schedule
- Undergraduate Degree Plan
Educational Outcomes (Graduate)
Graduating master’s degree students will demonstrate:
- Understanding of advanced concepts, methods, and technologies in an IE&M thrust area.
- Understanding of IE&M beyond a specific thrust area
- Understanding the role of industrial engineering, management, and leadership in business and society. ?
Comprehensive Thinking Skills
- Ability to identify, formulate, and creatively solve unstructured problems. ?
- Ability to think at all six levels of Bloom’s taxonomy (knowledge, comprehension, application, analysis, synthesis, and evaluation).
- Knowledge and skills required to apply fundamental IE concepts, methods, and technologies. ?
- Sufficient knowledge and skills in math, basic science, and engineering science to successfully perform in their thrust area. ?
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Ability to perform in culturally diverse, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to effectively communicate problem definitions, analysis, potential solutions, results, and recommendations to both technical and general audiences.
Thesis Option – In addition to the above, graduating students possess:
- An understanding of research methodologies in terms of planning and executing a creative research program and?? communicating the results there from.
Doctoral Level – In addition to the above, graduating students possess:
- A mastery of research methodologies in terms of planning and executing a creative research program and communicating the results there from.